I am a PhD student on a crusade to improve software quality in research software. I want to be well-rounded in a variety of topics including math, physics, data science, law, history, and music theory. I have a passion for learning, teaching, and encouraging diversity.
More than half of scientists across
We can improve this problem by using software tools and changing incentives. However, software engineering industrial tools need “translation” to work for the unique problems, environment, and users in the scientific domain. The incentives should be more instructive than just nominally “open”, and they should build on FAIR principles (Katz et al.).
|Expected graduation||2024 May|
|Research Area||Computer Science > Software Engineering|
|School||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
- Real-World Experiences Adopting Workflows at Exascale on the ExaAM Project, ReWorDS 2022
- ILLIXR: Enabling End-to-End Extended Reality Research, IIWSC 2021, Best Paper Award, IEEE MICRO Top Picks 2022
- View all
- Stop writing shell scripts
- Monads as a Programming Pattern
- Creative Thinking in Math Class (TEDxUTDallas 2018)
- View all
|Google Scholar||Samuel Grayson|